The first day of job might be among the most significant days one dreams off in his/her life.
The joy of becoming independent and self-reliant itself is so special that person automatically feels the importance of it. Everyone from their very childhood is so trained that one feels the ultimate goal of life is to attain a good job for oneself. A person learns many new things from the childhood just to be independent at some point of life and then the struggling period to find a job all sums up to give a strong autonomous life to one.
And when that special day arrives in one’s life, “FIRST DAY OF JOB”; world seems to be full of happiness for the person.
My First Day of Job
One such remarkable incident, I could memorize from the unlimited memories of mine “MY FIRST DAY OF JOB”.
After a long struggling period of finding a job, I was fortune enough to get a job in a reputed organization. The day when the appointment letter was handed to me was all the more very special. That moment I felt as if i had attained the power of purchasing the tiny moments of joy for myself. I will earn something, I will be self-dependent and will be like my Dad in earning the bread , overwhelmed me on that day.
As long waiting period passed, the date of joining was declared. This was the time when some arrangements were required to made by me like some formal dresses , bags etc were purchased and finally I was ready to step forward towards my new future and its upcoming surprises.
Initial posting received by me was at considerable distance and I approached there by bus. Anxiety, hesitation, enthusiasm and determination to learn new things were some feelings surpassing in my mind. As I stepped forward into the office, old employees happily welcomed me with sweets and one of them made me familiarize with all the employees.
After formal intro, all my document verification was processed. A new table with basic stationery items and a personal computer was allotted to me. Just by sitting on the official chair made me feel awesome about work.
That professional environment had some magical essence in it that made me independent and self-supportive. With initial learning of office work, the day ended but it left an unimaginable mark on my mind. I loved that day when I was employed. Although from there onwards, everyday routine of office is maintained but still that “FIRST DAY OF JOB” holds its separate importance.
PRECISELY TO REALLY MAKE A MEMORABLE DAY, SOME IMPORTANT POINTS NEED TO BE TAKEN CARE OF TO ENJOY THE UNENDING ZEAL OF THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR JOB.
7 Tips to Prepare For First Day of Job:
- Prepare your personal pitch: Prepare to allow a 30-second explainer of what your identity is and where you were previously, the same number of new colleagues will probably get some information about your past work environment.
- Learn about your employer: If you haven’t research done as such, study the organization to become familiar with your new colleagues. Discover and follow the organization and its employees via social networking media to learn about their work culture. You need to have something to discuss – and to realize who you’re conversing with – on your first day.
- Get There Before The Time: There is nothing more humiliating than being late on your first day of work. You should hangout the place before the joining day because it will help you to be on time as you know the place already.
- Don’t be Shy & Isolate: On the off chance that you build up that you’re friendly and approachable at an early stage, you will begin the correct foot in setting up trust. Go along with co-workers for lunch; get some drinks when they ask. Your answer should always be “Yes”.
- Get Ready & Ask Questions: You should to spend quite a bit of your first day tuning in; you can and should to ask questions when vital. “For the most part, you’re attempting to exhibit your interest and want to learn,”
- Tune in and take notes: You can use PC to make a spreadsheet or can use your diary to make a record of exercises and keep significant snippets of data. You can save your precious time in future by finding important pieces of information.
- Keep Calm & Wear Friendly Smile: We as a whole realize that initial introductions matter. Smile when you meet new individuals, and shake their hands. Acquaint yourself with everybody, and clarify how cheerful and enthusiastic you are to be there.
This incident happens with every working profession at some point of their life but just it becomes blur with each passing day but it will be The First Day of the rest of your life.
Love Your Work!!